The Jim Giese Commercial Roofing safety training program was developed with the goal of eliminating accidents and injuries.
Roofing Safety Training
At Jim Giese Commercial Roofing, safety is job #1. Because an educated employee is a safer employee, roofing safety training is conducted by the company training director to ensure employees understand safety hazards and prevention measures. We employ industry-training materials from the Midwest Roofing Contractors Association and National Roofing Contractors Association. In addition, demonstrations are given by product suppliers on the proper use of personal fall-arrest systems, chemicals or products, heavy or mechanized equipment and power tools.
Each new employee is trained in the following areas:
- Hazards associated with roofing work in general, including falls, burns and back injuries.
- Safety practices, including the use of fall-protection and personal-protective equipment.
- Safe use of chemicals and products, and how to access safety materials.
- Instruction via NRCAs Toolbox Talks.
- As needed when hazardous chemicals are present on a worksite.